Disechos‘s third edition, with the title From Design to Fact, thinks about investigating on the design practice that experiments with upcycling, autonomy, transdisciplinarity and creative communities to design new living spaces in a responsible and active way.
Disechos’12 took place from October 1st to October 28th, 2012, offering a wide range of activities that think about the discipline of design and its contaminants, in Las Naves Espacio de Creación Contemporánea, Polytechnic University of Valencia and Centre Cultural La Nau of University of Valencia.
The studio organises and produces the meeting, and it develops the identity and communication material.
Sponsor: Las Naves · Valencia Council,Polytechnic University of Valencia, CDD Impiva Disseny, La Nau · University of València, Mahou.
Collaborates: Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat, Publiasa, Makea Tu Vida.
Media Partner: d[x]i, AU.
Programming and Coordination: Alberto Flores
Communication and promotion: Mireia Juan
Production: Sonia Martínez
Production Assistant: Jesús Moreno
Video and edition: BLO digital
Photo: BLO Digital, FLOU FLOU D.A.
• Curro Claret “La Pieza” and Attua Aparicio “High Tech-Hand Made. Handicraft of industrial processes”. Moderated by Gabriel Songel.
• Carlos Fernández Rovira, of Habitar Research Group “reHabitar Project”, Marcos García of MediaLab-Prado.
• Beatriz García, CDD IMPIVA disseny, and Alejandro Benavent, d[x]i Magazine.
• Un Mundo Feliz “Bastard Pop Design”, Victor Viña “Useful toys or useless tools” and Félix Pérez-Hita “Path of desire and the road is made by walking”.
• Yoann Montenot [ Innovathèque – FCBA ] “Furniture: an ecological product? The eco-barometer”. Moderated by Manuel Lecuona.
• David Juárez “Arquitecturas Colectivas Network”, and Manu and Juan of Inteligencias Colectivas “#BuildCommons”.
• Workshop “La Pieza or how to design an exhibition in 48 hours“. Taught by: Curro Claret.
• Workshop “High Tech – Hand Made“. Taught by: Attua Aparicio.
• Workshop “Re-vuelta. Graphic agitation“. Taught by: Un Mundo Feliz.
• Workshop “#BuildCommons – CloneCycling“. Taught by: Inteligencias Colectivas.
A documentation space with a selection of publications related to the creative lines of the meeting (upcycling, open design, autonomy, creative networks) and its principals.
GRAPHIC PROJECT DISECHOS’12
The website, based on WordPress, has all the information about the different activities and has an integrated newsletter manager.